Just a quick explanation: in the summer of 2011, my parents decided to take all six of us (four children between 22 and 16 and two parents) on a roadtrip through -mostly- the West Coast of the USA. This was written as a diary at the time, so keep in mind that this was written by a 22-year-old who was blogging to keep family and friends updated on our whereabouts. Enjoy! – Camille
Just a quick update for those out there who might be interested in our family trip 🙂
We left in Brussels around 11h10, made a quick stop in New York around 13h (local time) and arrived in San Francisco airport around 18h15 (again, local time). That was around 2 or 3AM Brussels time.
What did I learn today?
* Glenda was right: only coloured people seem to work here in America. Strange.
* Sitting in a plane for more than 13 hours is NOT fun.
* There are really cool screens in the plane! Games, series, films, … You name it, we had it.
* When I am hungry, I become a not-very-nice person. Woops.
* Free Internet in the lobby seems to work just great.
* San Francisco Airport is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge; honestly.
* American GPS’s are weird (according to Mum).
* American two-persons beds are small.
* I’m dead tired. Hellooooooo jetlag!
See you guys tomorrow for a full report on San Francisco!